#QCFF2019 call for entries is now open
Friends and comrades of filmmakers, distributors and producers, you can now submit your film to the FCVQ for the next edition, which will take place in Quebec City from September 12 to 21, 2019.
After a very popular and festive 2018 edition, which showcased the 7th art in all its diversity, while highlighting the local artisans, it is time to turn to the 2019 edition and to open the call of the movie.
You have until May 15 to submit your films HERE
Remember that only the submission of the completed form AND the payment of registration fees will serve as an official submission: please note that any submission by email or mail will not be considered.
Registration fees must be paid in order to complete the submission process, which are indicated at the end of the application form. The payment has to be made via Paypal or credit cards. Please note that these fees are not refundable.
Here are the different rates of registration fees according to the running time of the work submitted :
Before March 15th at midnight (Eastern Time), take advantage of the early bird rates:
- less than 30 minutes = 15$ CAD
- 30 minutes and more = 25$ CAD
From March 16th to May 15th at midnight (Eastern Time):
- less than 30 minutes = 25$ CAD
- 30 minutes and more = 35$ CAD
- All genres are accepted: animation, fiction, experimental, documentary, music video, etc.;
- Only films completed after January 1 of the year preceding the festival are eligible.
For instance, films completed prior to January 1, 2018 are not eligible for consideration for this year's edition of the Festival.
- Films that have been submitted for QCFF consideration in previous years are NOT eligible for re-submission.
- Films that have been released theatrically in the city of Quebec or its neighboring regions, broadcast on television or online or available for purchase or streaming are NOT eligible for submissions to the festival.
NB : However, the programming team may decide to select a film that has been released theatrically, broadcast on television or online, if it desires to do so. Such instances are solely at the discretion of the programming team.
- In order to complete the registration, applicants are required to provide a web link so the members of the selection committee are able to view the submitted Film. DVDs, Blu-Rays, USB keys and any other physical format will not be accepted : if we do receive a film on disc or on any other physical format, the work will NEITHER be considered NOR returned to its sender.
- Applicants submitting a film that contain significant spoken dialogue which might be in a language other than French or English, must provide on-screen English or French subtitles, so the programming committee may view the film.
Before you start filling out the form, we advise you to have the following documents ready and the registration officer MUST include in the form:
- Two (2) pictures of the director 1x 300 dpi(for the print catalogue) and 1x 72 dpi (for the website);
- Two (2) pictures of the film : 1x 300 dpi (for the print catalogue) and 1x 72 dpi (for the website);
- A short biography and filmography of the director, which ought not to exceed 50 words ; both French and English versions are strongly suggested. If the text provided is too long, there is a possibility that it will be shortened for catalogue layout purposes, while preserving its original meaning, and without notifying the Applicant.
Questions ? Inquire by writing to email@example.com !