Submit a Film
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR FCVQ 2018 IS NOW CLOSE!
Friends and comrades of filmmakers, distributors and producers, you can now submit your film to the FCVQ for the next edition, which will take place in Quebec City from September 12 to 22, 2018!
After a very popular and festive 2017 edition, which showcased the 7th art in all its diversity, while highlighting the local artisans, it is time to turn to the 2018 edition and to open the call of the movie!
You have until May 15 to submit your films by filling out the form available here.
Remember that only the submission of this completed form AND the payment of the registration fee will serve as a formal submission: please note that any submission by email or mail will not be considered.
1. How to submit your movie?
Please read the rules and requirements carefully before completing the registration form.
- Short and feature films are welcome. Note that in order to submit a film, registration fees (non-refundable) are required. NEW this year, take advantage of our early bird rates!
Fees are payable by Paypal via the submission form.
Here are the type of registration fees, according to the running time of the work submitted :
Before March 15th at midnight (Eastern Time), take advantage of the early bird rates:
- less than 30 minutes = 10$ CAD
- 30 minutes and more = 20$ CAD
From March 16th to May 15th at midnight (Eastern Time):
- less than 30 minutes = 20$ CAD
- 30 minutes and more = 30$ CAD
- All genres are accepted: animation, fiction, experimental, documentary, music video etc. ;
- Only films completed after January 1, 2017 are eligible for this 2018 edition of the FCVQ;
- The film MUST NOT have been pre-selected for a previous edition of the FCVQ.
- Films that have been released theatrically in the city of Quebec or its neighboring regions, broadcast on television or online or available for purchase are NOT eligible for submissions to the festival.
NB : However, the programming team may decide to select a Film that has been released theatrically, broadcast on television or online, if it desires to do so. Such instances are solely at the discretion of the programming team.
2. Before you start filling out the form, we advise you to have the following documents ready:
– Two (2) pictures of the director 1x 300 dpi (for the print catalogue) and 1x 72 dpi (for the website);
– Two (2) pictures of the film : 1x 300 dpi (for the print catalogue) and 1x 72 dpi (for the website);
– A short biography and filmography of the director, which ought not to exceed 50 words ; both French and English versions are strongly suggested. If the text provided is too long, there is a possibility that it will be shortened for catalogue layout purposes, while preserving its original meaning, and without notifying the Applicant.